Sunday, November 29, 2015

The last day of Thanksgiving break...

It's the last day today for the kids and my hubby's Thanksgiving break.  It's been very rainy here in Texas the last few days and the temps are much colder.  This girl is officially freezing.  However, after church today I think it's a good excuse to snuggle up on the couch with warm blankets and the kids and watch movies and read.  We can make hot chocolate and tea and maybe we'll just climb back into our pajamas early and have a total jammie day. I just want to totally relish having my family all home on this one last day together.  Wish I could bake up some cookies, but our oven went out on Thanksgiving when we were cooking our pumpkin pie.  Of all the days...lol.  It was a bit stressful, but our turkey got a ride over to my father-in-law's house to finish cooking over there.  And we still pulled off a successful Thanksgiving!  Thanks be to God!  Maybe, we'll just have to make cookies in a mug and use the microwave today instead.

Oh, and if you need a recommendation for a movie to go see...we took the kids on Black Friday to go see The Peanuts Movie.  I loved the message and I loved the movie and it was just so cute.  My kids totally loved it too as did my husband.  The Good Dinosaur is next on our list.

 How are you making your Sunday a day of rest?

No comments:

Post a Comment