Thursday, November 5, 2015

Marriage


Just wanted to share a little bit more about me.  I've been married for 17 years now as of September 12.  I met my husband, Andrew, when our family moved about 6 weeks before the end of my junior year in high school.  We were in English Lit together and we were both french horn players.  We became friends and we were both dating other people in high school.  We went to college in 2 different states, but kept in touch via email occasionally.  A little more than 2 years later, he said he was home visiting and wanting me to come and visit him and so I did.  We hung out and talked for a couple of days and on the last day he kissed me and our story together started.  We were married about 2 years later in a very small ceremony in Chicago with Chicago-style pizza as our reception food since everybody was coming in from out of state.  We are simple people, what can I say?  We paid for our own wedding and reception and had a budget to work with that we stuck too and for that I am proud of us!

We've had our ups and downs, but we have always stuck by one another and talked things out.  We've been through infertility problems, job loss, financial mess, moving across the country (remind me to tell you of that story sometime...we moved from Michigan to Texas almost 9 years ago), doing foster care and adopting 3, and 2 births of our own.  I'll tell you each of my children's stories in another post.  I just thought I'd share a little about my marriage first.

My husband, Andy, plays harpsichord (we have one in our bedroom), and loves taking pics of the sky...he works in the computer tech field for an architectural firm, and he is my coupon king and is also a storm spotter and sometimes chaser.  He is my rock through this journey of life and I couldn't have asked God for a better husband!  He is a wonderful husband and father and I couldn't be more proud of him!


No comments:

Post a Comment