Monday, November 16, 2015

Praying the attribute of God our Comforter over our children


Hi there!  We prayed over our children last week on the attribute of "able."  Did anyone have any answered prayers from last week to share?  My daughter, Deidra, had some success in her journalism class from last weeks prayer.  She also had a great birthday and I will continue to pray that her heart is set on fire for God all the more.

We thank you, God, for all that You are and that You are always present with us.  You bring us Comfort and Your peace and we thank You for walking with us throughout the difficulties in this life.

This week, we are going to focus on the attribute of God is our comforter.  The definition of comforter is one who consoles, reassures, helps and assists.

Psalm 23:4 says Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

Matthew 5:4 says Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 says Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.

I am so thankful myself that He gives us ways to comfort one another and share that we are not alone throughout this journey and that He walks with us through our trials and offers us comfort.

I'd like to take a minute of silence and just talk to God about our sins.  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from  all unrighteousness.  1 John 1:9.

Thank you, dear Lord, for walking with us and comforting us and giving us only the true peace that You can give us.  Thank you for being ever-present with us so that we always know that we are never truly alone.

This is where I'd like to pray for 1 of our children each.  Go ahead and leave your child's name in the comments and we will pray for the kids together.

Turn ______'s mourning into gladness, give him/her comfort and joy instead of sorrow.  Jeremiah 31:13b.

This week I am going to pray for my son Josiah.

Turn Josiah's mourning into gladness, give him comfort and joy instead of sorrow.  Jeremiah 31:13b.

My prayer request for this week is for Josiah as well.  I pray that he will learn to have joy and contentment and thankfulness for all that he has, instead of getting angry so often over little things and letting go of the complaining and whining that happen continually as each day goes on.  I pray that he will really begin to see how truly blessed he is.

If you have a specific prayer concern for your child, please leave it in the comments and I will pray with you.

School prayers:  I choose to pray for Josiah's teachers as they continue to work on social skills and behaviors with him and that they keep a positive spirit.

If you have a prayer request for your school or for yourself as a mom, leave it in the comments.  My prayer request for me this week is that I continue healing well from my knee surgery and that I am able to keep a positive spirit with promoting a spirit of thankfulness and contentment with my son.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment