Friday, November 20, 2015

Choosing to work on my love walk...


I am a strong believer in backing up what you say with your actions.  Your words need to mean something when you say them.  There shouldn't be any doubt of meaning what you say.  My Grandfather has only said the words "I love you" to me about 3 times...when my Mom died, when his Mom died, and when my Grandmother (his wife) died.  However, I never doubt for one minute that he loves me even though he's not one to say it.  His actions have always made it known to me....He's the perfect example to me of this Bible verse and even when I've heard "Your actions speak louder than your words."  It's also something I've found saying to my children a lot lately.  I'm going to chose to work on my own love walk.  I'm a person that enjoys doing things for others anyway, but I want to make sure that I am intentionally doing it on a daily basis with every member of my immediate family.  I've kinda fallen off the bandwagon since preparing for my surgery and I need to get back on.  I never want there to be any doubt that when I say "I love you" to my husband or my children...I want my actions to also back those words up.  How am I going to do that?

1.  I want to commit to praying for my husband and my children daily.  I want to take them and place them in God's hands each and every day.

2.  I want to greet them with a warm smile and a hug each morning when they come downstairs and I want to give them each a hug and kiss as they are tucked into bed.

3.  I want to ask them if they need something done for them that day or if there is anything that I could do for them...or even giving them a little note to find somewhere about something that I saw that they did to let them know that Mommy does see and they make me proud when they do certain things.

4.  I want to work on drawing them in and being close and loving with them when we are in the midst of temper tantrums or fit throwing to change our attitudes and make them feel like I am listening and that I do care about them and that I am just being present with them.

I will report back...will you help keep me accountable?

No comments:

Post a Comment