Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Praying the attributes of God over our children




This is something that I wanted to start doing on Mondays and praying over our children together.  Since I missed yesterday due to my surgery, I'm going to do this weeks today.  Next week, we can see how God answered this week's prayers.

God, we praise You for all that You are.  We praise You that You are able to do all things and that nothing is impossible with You.

This week we are going to focus on the attribute of able.   The definition of able is one who has sufficient ability and resources.

2 Corinthians 9:8 says  And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Epeshians 3:20-21 says  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Hebrews 7:25 says 25 Therefore he is able to save completely[a] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Isn't that beautiful how God is able to bless us abdunantly so that we will have all that we need to abound in every good work and that He can do more than what we dare to ask or imagine and that He is able to save us because He intercedes for us.  How beautiful!  Love that God is so good to us!

Let's take a moment to silently confess our sins....
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 (NASB)

Let's take a moment to thank God for what He has done....
n everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NASB)

I thank God for my children and that He has answered my prayers and given me 5 beautiful children and that I can see His hand working in their lives and in my own and in my husbands.  He has blessed us indeed and He has seen us through lots of ups and down.

Now, I'd like to come to God in intercession for others.  You can post in the comments for your prayer requests and I'll just ask that each one of us picks 1 child to share about each week for us to pray over together.  We are going to take the Corinthians passage and pray scripture for our child.

May __________ know that You are able to make all grace abound to him/her, so that in all things at all times, having all that __________ needs, he/she will abound in every good work.

I am going to choose my daughter, Deidra, since it is her birthday tomorrow.  May Deidra know that You are able to make all grace abound to her, so that in all things at all times, having all that Deidra needs, she will abound in every good work.  Amen.

Go ahead and share your child's name in the comments and we can pray for your child too together.

Prayer requests for 1 of your children can go into the comments as well so that we can pray over our children together.  I will add my prayer request here.  I pray for Deidra since it is her birthday tomorrow.  I pray that she will really begin to seek God more and more in her life and see that material things truly do not matter and that God is truly able to meet all of her needs.  Amen.

Prayer requests for your children's teachers or school staff can also go in the comments.
May Deidra's journalism teacher know that You are able to make all grace abound to her, so that in all things at all times, having all that she needs, she will abound in every good work.

Specific school/teacher concerns: I pray for Deidra's journalism teacher and that she will let all children express their views and not be so quick to push what she only believes in the class.

Pray requests for us Mom's:  I pray that I can let go of my anxiety and worry.  I pray that I can truly put in in God's hands and trust in Him.  May I know that You are able to make all grace abound to me, so that in all things at all times, having all that I need, I will abound in every good work.

Don't be afraid to put your pray requests in the comment section and I will be happy to lift up your prayer concerns and pray with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment