Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Spending Time with God Day 5

I woke up this morning feeling very overwhelmed.  My kindergartener didn't want to get up (not usually like her) and she started crying this monring about not wanting to go to school because she hates to write and doesn't write well and writing hurts her hands.  My 3rd grader had a meltdown after getting caught doing something that she was told not to do twice now and got grounded after school.  My 4th grader had a bad afternoon after school yesterday with some behaviors towards Mom and his sister and tried carrying that over into this morning.  My 5th grader was basically caught lying after several times of Mom asking about why she had no homework lately and basically told on herself at dinner last night and when I caught it and asked her about it she totally shut down.  After we were in bed my husband discovered that her math teacher had send us an email basically concerned because she had a math test today that she was sent home to study with and she was refusing the one-on-one help from her at school and didn't know what was going on and how best to help her.  I've seen similar things here at home lately, but I did tell the teacher that math is very difficult for her and I think she truly doesn't grasp the concepts and in her mind if she just ignores it or just refuses help then nobody will know.  She has a teacher to go to for content mastery, but it's a struggle to get her to go there too.  I just don't know how to advocate for her right now.  We keep telling her that her teachers and us are here to help her, but she just blows us off.  I felt very overwhelmed and God brought me to Psalm 23.  I love that He tells me that He will care for us and gently lead the mother.  The kids and I prayed together before school and I sent some e-mails to the teachers and I am just going to tackle it one step at a time.  Thank you for caring for us, dear Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment