Monday, December 14, 2015

Spending Time with God Day 4

I got up to read my BSF notes this morning and do my prayer time before the kids get up for school.  We were reading about the final judgment day and the day of the Lord.  All who believe in Jesus will be saved from God's day of judgment and all the terrible things that will happen that day.  One passage in my notes that I loved too was "In His sovereign purpose and time, God will bring the present order of things to an end.  God is not powerless or passive about His world and its people.  He is supremely real and intensely involved, and evil will not stand."  The Lord will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem.  But, I love the promise that Joel reveals to us "Though the earth and the heavens will tremble, the Lord will be a refuge for His people, a stronghold for the people of Israel."

This message does 2 things for me...it makes me want to pray for the people I know that are unbelievers all the more that they will accept God and make the choices necessary to live for Him.  And it also makes me happy to know that I am a child of God and that He is my refuge and I have nothing to fear.  I am His and He is my refuge and my stronghold.  I am so thankful for His promises to us and that I am redeemed and renewed through Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment