Friday, December 11, 2015

Spend Time with God Day 1


I woke up to the sound of one of my little ones coughing this morning and couldn't fall back to sleep.  So, I got up to do my morning prayer time.  I am studying Revelation in BSF this year and I was reading my notes from lecture this week.  I love how God brings me answers to things that are going on around me.  Deidra's in journalism at school this year, although she's wanting to drop the class after this semester.  Her teacher and her are polar opposites on a lot of issues and Deidra is constantly feeling like she's the only one in there that has any kind of morals on a lot of issues.  It's led for many debates, but she gets upset.  With all the shootings going on, ISIS stuff, and a lot of other things that she's been learning about going on in the world, she has asked me many a time if I thought we were in the end of times.  She doesn't want to die and leave her friends and family now, but I keep telling her that if we are all believers of Jesus we will all be together in Heaven.  We shouldn't be afraid to die if our focus is on Jesus.

She asked me about the blood moons and stuff the other day and we had a discussion about some of the signs of the end of times and that God talks about the signs in the sky.  As I studied my lesson in BSF this week, I found it interesting that at Jesus' birth, a star marks Jesus' first coming, but the sun, moon and galaxies will announce Jesus' second coming.  The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.  Even Jesus taught of His return by quoting similar words from Isaiah:  "Immediately after the distress of those days "the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken."  Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven.  Then, all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.  In Revelation, these same cosmic signs appear when Jesus the Lamb opens the sixth seal on the scroll.  The tumult in the heavens and the earth are merely the prelude to the great day of the Lamb.

This tells me that we must pay attention and be ready.  We must think rightly.  Expect scoffers to mock us and try to get us off track.  We must trust God and His timing.  Live holy and Godly lives and confess our sins and repent.  Be forewarned about false teaching.  Read God's Word and pray to grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment